Jamie Kastner is a Toronto-based filmmaker and writer whose work has received international acclaim.
Kike Like Me, (BBC Storyville, Sundance Channel) Kastner’s first feature-length documentary premiered as a Special Presentation at Hot Docs where it became the top-selling and most talked-about film of the festival, went on to win awards at other top festivals, and provoke TV audiences around the world. Recessionize! For Fun And Profit! a sell out hit at Hot Docs 2011 was made for TVO and has sold internationally to several countries including Holland, Belgium and Israel.
Kastner’s first documentary Free Trade is Killing My Mother, was soon followed by the international hitDjangomania! (BBC, Sundance Channel). In addition to work through his company Cave 7 Productions, for Discovery, Kastner wrote and directed Strange Tales of the Flesh for which he also composed and performed satirical songs. He directed on the top-rated History TV/Global series Ancestors in the Attic (Primitive Entertainment), and co-wrote Comedy Gold (Insight Productions) a three-hour doc on the history of comedy for CBC. He is currently developing a feature documentary on Jewish humor called Inside Joke, and completing and a satirical fiction narrative, Shame and Scandal.
- The Secret Disco Revolution (2012)- Writer, Producer, Director
- Recessionize! For Fun and Profit! (2010)- Writer, Producer, Director
- Ancestors In The Attic ep: 4043 Clem & Angus (2009) - Director
- Kike Like Me (2007)- Writer, Producer, Director
- Comedy Gold (2006) - Writer
- Djangomania! (2005)- Writer, Producer, Director
- Strange Tales of the Flesh (2005) - Director
- Free Trade Is Killing My Mother (2004)- Writer, Producer, Director